January 26, 2012

weekend adventures with mom!

I had the BEST weekend.
Definitely have been missing my mom, so she came to visit.
Friday night we went to Fonda San Miguel.
Oh. My. Gosh. So. Good.
If you are in the Austin area- you must go
Saturday we ran around like maniacs shopping everywhere we could possibly think of.
Restoration hardware, Pottery Barn, WS, World Market, Whole foods, & everywhere in the Domain.
For lunch we went to fuzzy’s tacos and met up with my sister and her family.
There might have been a girl scout booth set up outside..
And I might have bought 5 boxes. Whoops.
Did yall know there is an app that tracks where girl scout booths are??
Saturday night was spent at Cru-mommy daughter date.
A bottle of vino and cheese plate accompanied us!!
We ran into a couple that had just moved to Austin a week ago & gave them a list of places to check out:

Another place you must go if you are in the Austin area—and a girl would be petticoat fair.^
We did our annual bra shopping on Sunday!
Always sad when she leaves me, but guess what!
I’ll be seeing her in two weeks when we meet up in VEGAS
GIRLSSS TRIP!!!!!
Here are some photos of what I bought this past weekend:
I couldn’t find the black dress online at barney’s so you get a tacky mirror photo of me!

My only complaint about this purse is that it does not close easily.
Might not take this one out at night..


Dress & Purse from Francesca's



From Barney's Coop
again I appologize :)

11 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

LOVE finding new Austin bloggers (found you from your guest post at Shalyn's)! Loving this list of places to try in Austin. Cru sounds perfect, and now I *really* want to try Artisan Bistro. We stopped by there the other day when the market was open in their parking lot and talked to the owner. His restaurant doors were open, but they were closed for the market. He was delightful to talk to.

Never heard of Petticoat Fair, either. SO excited to stop by now. You just showed me a side of Austin I've never seen. I'm so excited because I was getting a little sad thinking I'd seen all of what Austin has to offer and already enjoyed everything that I delight in here!

Holly said...

Weekends with moms are the best! :) Cute dresses!
New reader/follower.
You have such a cute blog!
come by and say hi www.hollymarieee.blogspot.com

Holly said...

Very cute dress! I just posted some of my own tacky mirror photos too, lol! :P

Tabitha Mahoney said...

What a fun weekend, love the dresses, esp the back of the black dress.

Newest follower,excited to follow along.
Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Katy said...

Hi! I'm stopping over from Shalyn's blog. I love the picture of that last dress...so pretty!

CMae said...

Popped over from Shayln's blog--you and your man have such unique names so I have to ask how both of you (or your parents rather) came up with your names!? (I'm a teacher so names totally intrigue me!)

Ketrin Jones said...

CMae--
My mom heard my name on her sr. trip to Europe in 78 and it stuck with her I suppose.. Tiel's name is an Irish family name. It goes from a son's middle name to the next son's first name and so on. :)
Have a great weekend!!

Ketrin Jones said...

CMae--
My mom heard my name on her sr. trip to Europe in 78 and it stuck with her I suppose.. Tiel's name is an Irish family name. It goes from a son's middle name to the next son's first name and so on. :)
Have a great weekend!!

Katie said...

AW! I am glad you got to spend time with your mama. How lovely :)

xoxo
Katie

TheUnlostWanderer said...

You have a great blog! Awesome to find someone else from Texas, too. :] I found your blog through Shay's guest post.

Ashley said...

omg that lace back dress is awesome!

and i am dying over floral this season - i wnat everything in francescas!!